Our Feeds

Sunday, February 21, 2016

around the world report

Catching Wild Rabbits using Snakes: BAREHANDED Rabbit Catch


Generally when I'm walkingif I see something in the distance, whether I'm taking someone to teachor I'm taking a crew of people,when I spot something - stay still, don't try to movedon't make any noises, don't go stepping on leaves or branches or anything like that -that could signal the animal to take off. If I see a rabbit, what I'll do is I'll take off after himas quick as I can I'll try to scare him off into a retreat like a log or a burrow, or a network burrow -and from there you can actually plan your attackOk and that's exactly what I'm trying to do,I've just flushed one in, for sure,he's just came to this hole hereso I've just been trying to flush rabbitsinto the network, trying to get him retreating - as soon as you have the animal in there retreatingpretty much all comes down to strategy and technique now trying to get him out. Well ya, I know I've got a shit haircut, but I'm trying my best to blend into thenatural surroundingsand find something that's going to help me catch these rabbits. Now it's all about strategy and obviously trying my best not to look like I've beenlost in the bushfor six hoursthis is how using your your understanding of a predator-prayrelationshipcan helpin a survival situation. Now what I'm doing is I'm lookingout the distance, also looking 3, 4, 56 meters in front of me, and as I'm walking I'm just surveying the area around. I'm just looking out for a shimmer - looking for the Red Belly Black Snakeit's very black and shiny on the top, it's extremely hard to miss, actually I don't know how people can step on a snake -it's so obvious. Having already caught one, it's not long until I find another black snake on the move. You can see, he's not real happy. We've got two Red Belly Black Snakes now, this one's just a little larger than the last onebut these guys here are actually quite common -settle, hey, hey, they are actually quite commonout hereparticularly in areas where there's a marsh, there's a lot of frogs, there's a lot of foodand if there's a lot of frog and food, your gonna findplenty of snakes, let's see how many we can get. From experience it's always important that your handling venomous snakesyour hand is held high up on a snakes tailYou should note that many snake species including black and brown snakescan easily reach the tip of their tailin a single strike. Chuchi, in the case you are attack by a snake, you should always carrya first aid kit with you.  Otherwise, there's no use stressing if you've got reflexes like a cat. Here's three, Red Belly Black SnakesI've been able to catch out here in the swampI'll tell you what guys, I reckon were gonna be able to capture some rabbitsIt's not that hard. With snakes you've always gotta look at the head, look at the tail, and pick your moment carefullyyou've always gotta be careful, whoa get downand the end of the day, if one of these snakes get a bit of a bite on yathese are one of the more venomous snakes in the worldthe Red Belly Black Snake,so what we'll dois,keep following uswe'll start making our way. . .  back towards the burrowand I'll show you the technique that I can usein capturing rabbitsCarefully, be carefulthis guy hereis actually the fourth most venomous snakein the worldhe's probably not as quick moving as the black -let's just rearrange here, he's got his neck out.  Your ok mate, your okThere we go - one tiger, three blacks. Now there's a little bit of a trick I'll be showing you todayit's how to catch rabbits using snakesit's a bit tricky, but I'll show you how. Ok guys let's go,let's get some rabbits. Alright, that was a bit of a quest,so. . we've got the snakes in the bag, we'll just keep them there for now. What we'll have to do is actually prepare the rabbit holes, so what we've done is,is cleared a little bit of the debris out of the hole so just it's easier to net. Placing specially designed nets over the rabbit holesensures the rabbits get tangled and trapped in the net so it cannot escape. The rabbit is not harmed in this process and makes the capture quite easy. So I'll show you exactly what I've done -I've netted all these holes, so I've netted maybe ten or eleven holes in total. This is quite a big network actually, so I'm hoping to get two or three. Also making sure that the holes which are a bit iffynot sure if the rabbit will come out of or not - generally what I'll do is like hereyou see, all I've done is shoved some sticks down there, caved it inso that rabbit ain't gonna be coming out there, he'll be sticking right back down to the burrow. Alright so,I've got these three blacks out and the other tiger in the bag, what I'll do istry to be strategic about my approach in putting the snakes in the holesto make sure to get a rabbit.  What I'll do isput one in here, there you go,one snake here,what I might do is put another black right in through herego mate, go mate, there ya go. And this big boy up over heresettle down, settle down, settle down. Now let's go back and get the tigeralright, and the big tigerright over this way,come on boy,put the tiger in through this way. Now this is where it's the waiting game,I guess what I'll get you to do, I'll get you to go backset up on the tripodand then we'll sit and waitMight as well have lunch boys, it might be a little bit of a wait out hereit's going to be a little bit of a waiting gameAndrew, Andrew!Bring it over, bring it overok, ok. There ya go. Just gotta be careful that bloody snake doesn't come outalright, that's one rabbitthat you can just seeI told ya it was a possible technique I told ya it was :)

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :
Previous
Next Post »